The Most Beautiful Voice to Your Child is Your Voice!... SING!
Most of us have some songs we can recall from our childhood. Start singing and the tune and the words will probably come back to you. And if you’re in a Kindermusik class you are enjoying a growing repertoire of songs to pull out and sing for almost any occasion!
Singing to a child is a priceless gift. It doesn’t matter if you feel like your voice is not star quality; to your child, the sound of your voice is the best sound in the whole world. Singing with and to your child can:
- calm when upset, soothe fears, and reduce irritability;
- enhance a child’s grasp of language and sense of beauty;
- remind a child that he/she is cherished and loved;
- improve communication and intimate bonding between parent and child.
- Bounce your child in your lap and sing a song together.
- Pick out individual words or groups of words from the song and let your child echo you. Change your voice, using lots of inflection.
- Accompany yourselves by tapping wooden or plastic spoons together with a beat.
- Dance while you sing.
- Make up your own words to a song – whatever fits the occasion or the task at hand.