Birth Doula Services:
From the beginning of time, women have been cared for and nurtured as they journey into motherhood. The word doula is Greek and means "women’s servant". A doula must be profoundly dedicated to making a mother feel prepared, safe, nurtured and supported to give birth in her own best way. A mother will remember her sacred journey into motherhood all her life.
What is included in birth doula services?
- Complimentary 1 hour initial consultation.
- On-call for support and advice throughout your pregnancy and immediate postpartum.
- Two 1 hour prenatal visits to discuss comfort measures, answer any questions and alleviate any concerns.
- Resources and information to empower you to make informed choices & decisions.
- Guidance in the design of your birth plan.
- Suggestions for a more comfortable pregnancy.
- On-call 2 weeks prior to your "guess date" and 2 weeks after your "guess date".
- Assistance and emotional & physical support and comfort measures to you and your family. (pets included)
- Continuous support throughout the birth process and immediate postpartum.
- Acts as a liaison to facilitate communication between you and your medical staff or midwife.
- Support and advocacy for you so that you may give birth in your own best way.
- Massage and other alternative pain relief measures during the birth process.
- Suggest birth process positioning for comfort and progress (including the use of the birth ball).
- Create an environment that supports the safety and comfort of you, your baby and your family.
- Next day follow up 1 hour visit with basic lactation support.
- Additional 1 hour wellness visit two weeks after the birth.
- Postpartum support via phone up to 3 weeks after birth.